Contract and Bill of Sale
BILL OF SALE / SALES CONTRACT / TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR DOG OR PUPPY
Email: [email protected]
UPON PAYMENT of the sum of $____________ paid by Buyer to Seller, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, Seller grants, sells, conveys, and transfers ownership of the following dog/puppy to the Buyer: ________________________
Name of Dog: __________________________________
Date of Birth: __________________________
Sire Name: _______________________________________________
Dam Name: ______________________________________________
Bred by Seller? Yes
Date Acquired: _____________________
State of Health: Excellent
Feeding: Loyall Large Breed Puppy Chicken and Brown Rice Blend
Currently – approx, 2 to 2.5 cups over 4 feedings.
Puppy must stay on large breed puppy food through 18 months to maintain proper bone and joint health and to uphold contract.
Worming date: ______________________________________
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Deposit, Payment of Purchase Price, and Fees.
Buyer has paid a deposit of $300.00 to Son of a Poodle with payment of the balance of $____________ due upon release of the dog/puppy to the Buyer.
All deposits are nonrefundable.
The expected delivery date is _____________, or such other date as the parties may mutually agree. A boarding fee of $35.00 per day will be charged for each day the dog/puppy is boarded by Seller past the agreed delivery date.
Transfer of Ownership and Registration
- Upon payment in full of the purchase price, Seller shall promptly take all actions required to officially transfer ownership of the dog/puppy to Buyer.
- This dog is not sold on a trial basis, please be committed for the life of this dog.
- NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES WILL BE GIVEN.
In the event that the Buyer is unable to care for or give the said dog/puppy a proper home at any time and needs to re-home the dog/puppy; they will notify the Seller. The Seller will either:
- Re-establish ownership of the dog/puppy at no cost
- Help owner find a proper home for the dog/puppy
Seller’s Representations and Warranties
Seller represents and warrants to Buyer that:
(A) Seller is the legal and true owner of the dog/puppy and that Seller has full right and authority to sell the dog/puppy.
(B) The dog is being sold free and clear of any lien, security interest, charge, or other encumbrance.
Health Guarantee: We guarantee that the said dog/puppy will be healthy when ownership is transferred to the Buyer. The afore listed puppy/dog is guaranteed until one year of age against fatal and life altering congenital diseases which adversely affects the health of the animal. This includes severe hip dysplasia, which hampers the dog’s movement and natural gait and which requires surgery to correct, kidney, heart, pancreas, spine, and liver problems of a severe, life threatening or altering nature. If the dog dies within this one year time frame, the buyer must pay to have the animal autopsied by a board certified veterinarian in necropsy (not just any vet) to determine the reason. If the reason is found to be congenital, the Seller will replace the puppy. All puppies covered under this guarantee are for replacements only. We do not issue refunds for any reason.
- The Seller will not be responsible for any medical expenses incurred. The Buyer is aware that owning a puppy/dog means providing trips to the veterinarian and understands he/she will be responsible for all payments.
- As of the date of delivery, the puppy has received the proper vaccinations and dewormings at the proper times. The Buyer has been informed of this and of future vaccinations and wormings due. Confer with vet for Rabies due date and all other vaccinations that are recommended for dogs living in your region.
A puppy/dog showing any serious genetic or congenital defect will be replaced as follows:
- The animal must exhibit the defect by one year of age. The Seller must be notified of the problem within two business days of the licensed veterinarian’s determination and have two reports from two unassociated veterinarians from two different practices stating the same problem and the Seller will provide a replacement puppy/dog of equivalent value.
- A puppy/dog with a defect must be returned or euthanized with the prior permission of the seller to qualify for a replacement puppy/dog.
- No refund, in full or in part, will be given under any circumstances.
- A returned puppy/dog must be returned to the seller in good condition, other than the specified problem, at the buyer’s expense. The owner will then qualify for a replacement puppy/dog.
- The Buyer is responsible for transportation costs to and from the Seller for the replacement puppy.
- This guarantee applies to the original puppy/dog only and is nontransferable to a second party.
- No Replacement puppy will be given if the puppy has been bred, spayed, neutered, or euthanized without the seller’s permission.
- The replacement puppy will be one mutually agreed upon by both parties and will be of comparable quality. It is understood that the replacement puppy may not be from the exact same parents of the original puppy.
- There are certain disorders that may be caused by environmental factors, for example: allergies, thyroid dysfunction, demodectic mange, and other autoimmune disorders that are not covered by this guarantee.
- Any physical problems which is or could be the result of injury is not covered under this guarantee.
- There is no guarantee or warranty that the Buyer will be able to show or breed the puppy regardless of show or breeding potential exhibited as a puppy.
- This contract supersedes any and all previous agreements.
- This contract is null and void if the terms and conditions are not fulfilled.
- The Buyer agrees that he/she understands this contract fully, and that this contract is under the jurisdiction of the State of Idaho, in the county of the Seller.
- If you purchase the puppy/dog at a discounted rate, then you will be credited the amount you paid for the puppy/dog to put towards the purchase of your replacement puppy. An example: if you paid $1000.00 for a puppy/dog that was marked down for whatever reason, you will have $1000.00 towards another puppy/dog.
Health and Buyer Responsibilities
- Seller will not be responsible for any veterinarian bills or fees concerning this dog.
- Seller will provide the health records for this dog.
- The buyer must have the puppy/dog examined by a licensed veterinarian within two weeks of delivery/pick up. The seller must be informed of the examination results immediately by email, or ground mail. The failure to comply will result in the immediate cancellation of this guarantee.
- The buyer must provide the puppy/dog with routine preventive care such as, but not limited to:
- Annual physical examinations by a licensed veterinarian
- Annual vaccinations and deworming as recommended by veterinarian
- PLEASE NOTE: Hypoglycemia, Kennel Cough, intestinal worms, Giardiasis (Giardia), and Coccidiosis (Coccidia) are not covered under this contract. The latter three are common intestinal parasites found worldwide, therefore, 100% parasite free cannot be guaranteed.
- Parvovirus is not covered by this contract. Parvovirus cannot be covered being that the buyer could expose dog to Parvovirus in their care.
- Breeding rights are restricted. The said puppy/dog does not come with breeding rights. We encourage our buyers to spay or neuter the said puppy/dog after the first heat for females and between 12 and 18 months for males (when growth plates are closed)
As Seller is only guaranteeing above puppy as a healthy companion pet and that the puppy’s pedigree is correct to the best of Seller’s knowledge. Buyer agrees not to hold Seller responsible (except for congenital/genetic defects guaranteed and covered as detailed above) in any manner in the unlikely event that a problem might arise from puppy’s parentage. The contract will be sent with the puppy if it is not signed and returned within two weeks, there will not be a health guarantee on your puppy/dog
This contract will be considered null and void if it does not contain both buyer and seller signatures.
I understand that by signing this agreement it becomes a binding contract, and I acknowledge that I have read, understood, and agree to the conditions of this sales agreement.
The parties accept and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions governing the purchase and sale of the dog/puppy.
Signature or electronic signature of Buyer:
Please Print Buyers Name _______________________________________
Signature or electronic signature of seller: